Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Where there are other terms which govern the provision of particular services, campaigns or events offered by Shark Truth, these Specific Terms shall apply in respect of dealings and transactions concerning the corresponding services or events. In case of conflict between the terms hereof and the Specific Terms, the latter shall prevail.
- Where there is any potential discrepancy between the English language and the Chinese language versions of these Specific Terms, the English language version shall prevail.
- Where Shark Truth is of the opinion that you has breached any of the terms contained herein, Shark Truth is entitled at any time without prior notice to immediately terminate or suspend your access to Shark Truth and/or participation in a particular activity provided and/or membership to any club operated by Shark Truth and/or strategic or joint-venture partners or to take further action as Shark Truth considers appropriate, desirable or necessary to prevent your continual or further breach of any of the terms contained herein.
- You agree that Shark Truth may at any time and from time to time modify, discontinue
or restrict your access, either temporarily or permanently, to services, campaigns, events governed by Shark Truth (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Shark Truth shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/ca), or of Shark Truth’s website
- This Contest shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws in force in the Province of British Columbia, Canada, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. Except where prohibited by applicable law, any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of this Contest will be referred to and finally settled (to the exclusion of the courts) by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in Vancouver, BC, Canada in English and governed by BC law pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Act of British Columbia.
- The content on this website is protected by copyright owned by Shark Truth, except as otherwise stated. No part of the content on this website may be copied, edited, modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, displayed, performed, published, licensed, transferred, transmitted, distributed or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the prior written consent of Shark Truth.
- The logos, trademarks, service marks displayed on this website are owned by Shark Truth and may not be used without the written consent of Shark Truth.
- Shark Truth is providing this website on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to this website or its content and disclaims all such representations and warranties.
- Although the information provided to you on this website is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, Shark Truth make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, security, freedom from computer viruses or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphic published on
this website. The information contained on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Shark Truth howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The information provided to you on this website is not intended to provide professional advice. When accessing this website, you should obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.
- Neither Shark Truth nor any of their directors, officers, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including but not limited to compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Shark Truth’s liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Information available through Shark Truth and users’ submissions
- The information available through this website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/ca), including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (hereafter referred to as “the Information”), either on its own, or as a collective work or compilation, is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries, and is owned or controlled by Shark Truth or the party credited as the provider of the Information.
- You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, transmit or in any way exploit any part of Shark Truth, unless you are downloading the Information for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- By submitting to or posting any Information on this website, you agree to assign to Shark Truth all your copyright subsisting in such Information and such Information shall be assigned to Company immediately upon being submitted or posted.
- Shark Truth has the right to edit, remove, modify, publish, transmit and display any submissions you make to this website including but not limited to any letters, messages and information in relation to personal events or the sale and/or provision of any products or services.
- Shark Truth is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at your own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access or use. By providing hyperlinks to other websites, Shark Truth shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the service or products they provide on their websites, or have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites. Shark Truth is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the external website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by Shark Truth.
- Email messages sent to Shark Truth over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. Shark Truth are not responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to Shark Truth, or if Shark Truth send a message to them at their request, over the Internet. Shark Truth is not responsible in any way for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Transmitting over The Internet
- Due to the nature of the Internet transactions may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. Shark Truth is not liable for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages and transactions you send.
- We do not represent or warrant that our website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with our website.